My Verbal Constipation

Friday, April 21, 2006

on studying

hmmm.... all this talk of exams and studying and
"o god dammit man, cant make. gotta cram"
put me in memory of my own 12th board exams
where i had such hell focussing on anything...
especially god damned history. so here it is.
what i was doing instead of studying history!

cucumbers and gerbils: studyin history:

cucumbers and lil gerbils with waving claws,
street lights with orange glows,
and the occasional drunk stumbling around.
vanity, my favourite sin, looking into my mirrors all around.
i see gold but no kings, space but no empires,
blades but no conquests,
heads too full, for thoughts of them
and theres the all pervasive smoke,
filling up the vacuum that is my mind, is that possible?
leaving no room for feats in history.
it slips away into the cosmos.
in the inky darkness all around, happiness lurks around the corner.


blue yellow and fairy dust: studyin history:reprise:

words i read bounce off my head.
blue and yellow float around,
like fairy dust against the light,
specks of white flying around blue skies,
pages flapping, kings and conquerors knocking on my doors.
numbers numbers so many numbers!
AD and BC and 1945,
i try runnig away, far away.
why won't my feet move.
numbers, kings, sleep taking me away,
out of my head and into the colours.
there it is neat in my hand, glowing like a beacon.
breathe in, breathe out, my saving grace.
goodnight.



Posted by tanjanali :: 12:51 AM :: 8 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

-------------------------------------